- 7,301 lab-confirmed infections as of Tuesday 14.7 (an increase of +5 from Monday)
- 329 deaths linked to coronavirus (none since 3.7, five in past month)
- 8 people in hospital as of Tuesday 14.7 (increase of 2 from Friday)
- 2 in intensive care as of Tuesday 14.7 (increase of +1 from Monday)
- 90% of all confirmed cases have recovered, says THL
- Basic reproduction (R0) number is 0.65-0.90
14.7 11:55 Coronavirus effects lead to Alko sales increase
Finland’s state alcohol retailer Alko has reported selling nearly 44 million litres of alcohol in the first six months of this year, a 13.5 percent increase on sales volumes over the same period last year.
The effects of the coronavirus pandemic, such as the closure of bars and restaurants, contributed to the increased sales.
13.7 18:15 Restaurant restrictions lifted, but uncertainty lingers
The restrictions on opening hours, serving times and customer numbers imposed on restaurants, bars and cafes because of the coronavirus pandemic were lifted on Monday in Finland. However much uncertainty remains for both employers and employees. You can read more at this link.
13.7 16:55 Food Authority: Safe to eat berries despite infections among pickers
Consumers have voiced concern about eating domestic berries after nine seasonal farm workers were diagnosed with Covid-19 infections last week in the Päijät-Häme region near Lahti.
Leena Räsänen, head of food safety at the Finnish Food Authority, dismisses such worries and says that it is practically impossible to become infected with coronavirus via fresh produce. More details here.